The symposium, which takes place every year, aims to provide the most up-to-date information on the experimental biology, aetiology, prevention, diagnosis, and therapy of breast cancer and premalignant breast disease.
Several oral presentations and posters related to BIG trials and research collaborations will be presented over the course of these four days – be sure not to miss them:
Wednesday 9 December
8:00 am – Poster sessions
- PS5-03 Celtil score and long-term survival outcome in early stage HER2-positive (HER2+) breast cancer treated with anti-HER2-based chemotherapy: a correlative analysis of neoALTTO trial – Chic N et al.
- PS5-05 Serum thymidine kinase activity in patients with luminal metastatic breast cancer treated with palbociclib and fulvestrant within the PYTHIA trial – Malorni L et al.
- PS7-21 Timelines to initiate an adjuvant phase III trial across the globe: a sub-analysis of the APHINITY trial – Franzoi MA et al.
- PS10-01 6-year absolute invasive disease-free survival (IDFS) benefit of adding adjuvant pertuzumab to trastuzumab plus chemotherapy for patients with early HER2-positive breast cancer: a STEPP analysis of the APHINITY (BIG 4-11) trial – Gelber RD et al.
- PS11-01 Outcome without adjuvant systemic treatment in breast cancer patients included in the MINDACT trial – Lopes Cardozo JMN et al.
- PS12-17 Baseline Characteristics of Women Enrolled in the POSITIVE Trial (Pregnancy Outcome and Safety of Interrupting Therapy for women with endocrine responsIVE breast cancer) – Partridge AH et al.
- OT-26-02 Phase III open-label, multicenter, randomized trial of adjuvant palbociclib in combination with endocrine therapy versus endocrine therapy alone for patients with hormone receptor-positive / HER2-negative resected isolated locoregional recurrence of breast cancer – the POLAR Trial – Munzone E et al.
9:15 am – General session 1
- Phase III study of palbociclib combined with endocrine therapy (ET) in patients with hormone-receptor-positive (HR+), HER2-negative primary breast cancer and with high relapse risk after neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NACT): First results from PENELOPE-B – Loibl S et al.
1:45 pm – General session 2
- A randomized phase III study of radiation doses and fractionation schedules in non-low risk ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast (BIG 3-07/TROG 07.01) – Chua BH et al.
5:15 – 6:30 pm – Spotlight Poster Discussion 2
- PD2-03 Treatment persistence and dose modifications in the PALLAS trial: PALbociclib CoLlaborative Adjuvant Study of palbociclib with adjuvant endocrine therapy for HR+/HER2- early breast cancer – Mayer EL et al.
- PD2-09 The role of CYP2D6-mediated Tamoxifen Metabolism in the Suppression of Ovarian Function Trial (SOFT) – Goetz MP et al.
6:30 – 7:45 pm – Spotlight Poster Discussion 3
- PD3-01 Prediction of benefit from adjuvant pertuzumab by BluePrint RNA sequencing in the APHINITY trial – Krop I et al.
- PD3-04 Prognostic role of distant disease-free interval from completion of adjuvant trastuzumab in HER2-positive early breast cancer: analysis from the ALTTO (BIG 2-06) trial – Lambertini M et al.
Friday 11 December
11:45 am – General session 4
- How low is low risk: MINDACT updated outcome data for clinical low risk patients by genomic stratification and treatment benefits by age and nodal status – Van’t Veer LJ et al.
View all abstracts on the SABCS website