Since BIG is using cookies on its website, clear and mandatory information must be mentioned in this Cookies notice, as set out below.
Information about cookies
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file, normally consisting of letters and numbers, sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser on the user’s device (e.g., computer, telephone, tablet). These cookies can be used to identify or to collect information about you.
- What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on the owner:
- First-party cookies: They are created, sent to your device and stored by the website you are visiting directly. They allow BIG to collect customer analytics data, remember language settings, and carry out other useful functions that help provide a good user experience.
- Third-party cookies: They are created and placed by third parties other than the website you are visiting directly. They are not managed by BIG, but by the third party that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies can also be classified depending on the purpose of their placement. Main categories are:
- Strictly necessary cookies (also called “technical cookies”): they allow you to browse a website, a platform or an app, and to use the various options or services on it (e.g., control traffic, identify data or session, access to restricted access sections or content, etc.).
- Functional cookies: they help BIG to make the website usable by providing you some basic features and by remembering your preferences and choices of using BIG’s website (e.g., language, the region from where the service is accessed, etc.). Not accepting cookies may cause slow website performance or poorly adapted recommendations.
- Statistics cookies: they allow BIG to have a better understanding of how you interact with the website (e.g., which pages are visited the most) in order to optimize the functioning of the website.
- Marketing cookies: they enable BIG to monitor your behaviour on the website. The aim is to display advertisements that are meaningful and attractive to you and therefore more useful to third party publishers and advertisers, as well as to make promotional and specific information available to you on the website.
Cookies may also be divided into two categories depending on the period for which they are stored:
- Session cookies: they allow BIG to recognize and link your actions during a browsing session. When you go to the login page, these temporary cookies will be created to determine whether or not your browser accepts cookies.
- Persistent cookies: they are placed on your device between sessions. They can be used to remember your preferences or actions on BIG’s website.
- How are these cookies used?
Cookies in no way give BIG access to your device or any information other than the data you choose to share with BIG.
Concretely, these cookies help to improve the functioning of the website of BIG and can be used for several purposes:
Used to preserve user session state across page requests
Used to remember user’s consent preferences
To store cookie consent preferences
Google.be and Youtube
Cookie used to provide spam protection
Used to store a few details about the user such as the unique visitor ID
Used to store a unique session ID for gathering information on how the users use the website.
To enable ad delivery or retargeting, store user preferences
Google Ads Optimization
- How to manage your cookies?
You are able to accept or decline cookies when you enter BIG’s website and see the cookies notice. Alternatively, you can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings. However, in some cases, some functions of the website may not work.
Find out how to manage cookies on those popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit – http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Who has placed cookies?
The information stored through cookies is only used by BIG, except those identified in section II as “Service Providers”, which are used and managed by external entities aiming to improve BIG’s services and your experience when browsing on the website.
BIG collaborates with the following third-parties:
- Google.be, Google reCAPTCHA, Google Adsense, Google Ads Optimization, Google Tag Manager
Please note that BIG do not have any control over how the information in these cookies is used nor do BIG have access to it. Please refer to the cookies policies of the relevant provider for more information.
- How to contact us?
For any question regarding this Cookies notice, you may contact BIG, who, if required, will contact its Data Protection Officer (“DPO”), using the information below:
Rue de bretagne 20,
Last Edited on 10/02/2023